Whether you are already processing credit card payments or thinking about implementing a program to do so, you owe it to yourself to explore the full range of transaction tools at your disposal. A Park Bank Treasury Management representative can help you determine which processing solutions will maximize the convenience and effectiveness of your card acceptance program.
Advantages of our proven technologies and systems expertise include:
- IP (Internet Protocol)-enabled terminals
- Third-party POS (Point of Sale) compatible systems
- Gift card capable terminals
- Multi-business terminals
- Gateway partnership to allow Internet payments
- Virtual terminals
- POS personal computer software
- Wireless terminals
And as you talk to potential card processing partners, we encourage you to ask the following questions (and get the answers in writing!):
- Is there a setup or conversion fee?
- Can I still process through my current credit card terminal? (Sometimes competitors will make you rent or buy a new terminal. The new terminal may be overpriced and not a good fit for your needs.)
- Am I required to sign a contract? If so, am I able to “buy out” of the contract if I am unhappy? For how much?
- Are the rates quoted applicable to all my transactions? Will my rates be increased after a certain introductory period or at any time during the contract?
- When will my processing fees be deducted? (Some merchant service providers will deduct fees from the daily deposit amounts, making it hard to reconcile your transactions and difficult to tell how much you are really paying in fees.)
- Who do I call if I have a problem? What are the hours that someone will be available to help me?
- Will I need to move my banking relationship to another institution?
- What happens if I have a problem with my terminal? Will I be able to get a replacement right away as I was able to do with Park Bank?
- What are the costs and availability of supplies for my credit card terminal?
- Where is the competitor located? Will they be able to provide the same face-to-face, fast service that Park Bank provides?
Also, always make sure to ask for references from customers who have used the provider for more than a few months.